1. Jelli Records has been involved in the very heart of Bristol music for a few years now, how did it all get started ?
I was involved in running the music at the Folk House for 11 years including the Bristol Acoustic Music Festival which will be celebrating it’s 10th year at St George’s in January 2013. The idea of setting up a record label came from that and my involvement in helping local Bristol musicians.
2. You run a radio show every Monday on BCFM, how do you feel radio works as a tool for new music?
On the Jelli Records Bristol Music Show we play 100% local music. All types both old and brand New For a lot of the music we play, it is the first time the act will have had their music played on the radio and we feel very supportive towards getting new music from local acts heard.
3. The radio show really helps push local acts, what do you think of the current Bristol music scene?
There is so much talent coming through at the moment in all types of music throughout the Bristol scene. Just working on programming our Roots Tent at for Brisfest has amazed me of how many local acts applied to play and how good much of the music was.
4. Jelli Records has currently signed Bashema, Danielle Celeste & Jacanda, what’s coming up for the label?
Running stages at Keynsham Music Festival, Harbour Festival, Redfest, Balloon Fiesta & Brisfest. A Jelli Records London showcase in December as well as our annual Jelli Christmas Show.The 10th Jelli Records Bristol Acoustic Music Festival in January, and our involvement in Crossroads at Colston Hall next June. As well as new recordings from our artists and a Wicked Bashema Video ”Go with the Flow” coming soon.
5. You’re running a stage at Harbourside Festival this year, any hints on what you have lined up?
Great and Diverse is all I can say about the Cascade Steps Stage music this year!